HUP Batteries Testimonial [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Feb 28 10:16:57 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi All;

I've done the same math as Dana, and came to the same conclusions: L-16s
just aren't a good buy. Just look at the cycle life, the HUP is 2100
cycles at 80%  DOD, while the L16 is less than 600. Even a Trojan T105
is better at 750 cycles. We sell the T105s and jump straight to the HUP
after. The HUP warranty says they'll reimburse our time and shipping for
failures in the first year. What a wonderful world if all the Manus did
that. I went through a claim with Rolls last year...Cell dead on
arrival....wanted us to eat shipping.... Let's just say we're only
selling HUPs and Trojans now.

As for the moving issues, I buy the smaller HUPs, and then the separate
cells are about the same as an L16. After that Rolls ordeal left my
customer without a usable battery for 2 months(brand new system: what an
embarrassment), I'm now an advocate of 2 parallel strings as the
optimum, as opposed to one string of much heavier cells.

Ray

>I basically sell only HUP Solar One batteries after doing a comparison to
>L-16 style batteries years back, which proved that the cost per 50% DOD was
>way less per DOD in the long run over the cost of installing and maintaining
>and the recycling and reinstalling another set of L-16 style batteries and
>the half again.
>
>Dana Orzel

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com