Reliable PV direct submersible? [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Feb 27 09:23:15 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi Mick,

As someone with plenty of solar pumping battles in my repertoire (not as
many as Windy of course!) and negative experiences with all the usual
suspects, I would like to give my highest rating to Mono Pumps from
Australia. These are the guys that "invented" the modern helical rotor
pump back in the 1930s, and developed a solar version in the 80's, way
before anyone else did. The design, performance and quality of these
pumps are the best in the world, but the price reflects it.

Mono has been copied by several manufacturers (without naming names) but
never equaled. They also make an interesting tracker that uses GPS
technology to position the panels, remote monitoring for watching the
pump from off site, pre-assembled complete pumping systems that a
rancher can install with minimum hassle in very short time (in Australia
only) and can use arrays of > 2,000 Watts power. All their pumps are
helical rotor, no centrifugals at all. They even have models that will
work in water as hot as 90 deg. C! Probably the only limitation with
their pumps is that they don't bother with very high lift models like
Lorentz does.

Judging from the popularity of Mono in many parts of the world, I would
feel completely safe in suggesting one of these systems to anyone.

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com