telephone lightning arrestors [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Mon Feb 26 14:58:46 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi Jay;

We have a retired telephone tech on our extended crew. His
recommendation (are you sitting down, or ahh standing outside?)  is to
urinate on the ground rod. A bit of mineral laden fluid on the earth
around the rod  decreases the impedance to ground and helps all sorts of
things: noise on the line, slow modem speeds, lightning damage , etc.
Or if that's too 20th century, you can get special salt fluids to dope
the soil around the ground rod. Same thing, only you can charge more.

Ray

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power wrote:

> HI,
>
> Heres the problem.
>
> Lightning keeps killing the phone of one customer.
> phone/answering machine.  has killed both DC and AC models.
> (Customer has 2000' of above ground phone wire)
>

> Doesn't damage the inverter/system
>
> So anyone have any recommendations for surge/lightning protection for
> a phone system?
>
> thanks,
> jay
>
> peltz power