Attaching SMA inverter to PV mounting pole [RE-wrenches]

Brian Teitelbaum brian at aeesolar.com
Wed Feb 7 18:16:49 PST 2007

Bob,

Two suggestions:

1) Use the Wattsun Service Panel. It was designed for exactly what you want
to do. Here's a link:

http://www.wattsun.com/products/wattsun_trackers/Wattsun_pole_mounted_servic
e_panel.html

3) Instead of using, or making, a U-bolt with the Unistrut, use Unistrut's
(or Kindorf's) conduit clamps. Another link:

         http://www.unistrut.com/Browse/cat_detail.php?S=S06&P=P1109

The conduit clamps are used in a kind of reverse method: instead of using
the clamp to hold a conduit to something, like a wall, the clamp goes around
the pipe mast and holds a piece of strut to the pipe. The strut provides you
with a flat surface to mount enclosures to. Use two clamps and struts to
give you a top and bottom mounting point. MUCH better and nicer then
U-bolts!

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar