Attaching SMA inverter to PV mounting pole [RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 09:06:38 PST 2007

I have found a large selection of U Bolts sized specifically for tower
and antenna applicationa at Hutton Communications. The sizes are large
enough to fit 8 inch schedule 80 tracker pipe. Those are galv plated and
come with flat and lock washer and nuts. There are a variety of SS  ones
to choose from.
Valmont and NRG also have a large selection of U bolts and outdoor rated
attachment items.
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas
ntrei at earthlink.net

https://www.huttononline.com/HuttonOnline/productmenu.aspx
http://www.nrgsystems.com/store/products.php?cd=13&ProdGrp=MBT
http://www.valmont.com/

Bob Clark wrote:
 I am looking for an elegant way to attach an SMA inverter to a PV
mounting pole. The combiner box and the DC disconnect will probably also
be on the pole. Heretofore, we have used shallow Uni-Strut and a
threaded rod bent into a U-shape around the pole and attached together
with nuts and washers. It's OK, but I am looking for other options that
may include a panel (large enough for the inverter, combiner, and DC
disconnect) and strapping--something that does not look so industrial.
The advantage of our current method is that it is VERY stout.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com