Array Voc > 140V for MX-60 [RE-wrenches]

Jim Easton jim at altenertec.com
Thu Jan 18 10:09:15 PST 2007

We looked into this some years ago.  One of our thoughts was to use zener
diodes across the array.  You would have to look carefully at the IV curve
in cold weather to make sure you had enough zener power capacity.  For more
power capacity you can put zeners in series -- do not try to put them in
parallel.

Jim Easton PE
Alternative Energy Technologies
www.altenertec.com