Equalizing battery charger [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Sun Dec 23 10:50:19 PST 2007

Drake Chamberlin wrote:

> Hello Wrenches,
>
> Does anyone know of a battery charger that can equalize 12 volt
> battery banks, other than vy investing in an inverter?
>
> I have an IOTA charger for this purpose.  It begins tapering off at
> around 13.5 volts, and will slowly charge to 14.2.
>
> The company I bought it from claimed it would charge to 14.8 with the
> fast charge plug inserted.  It did when new.  I called Iota, and was
> told that it would not charge above 14.2.  Humm.
>
> Anyone know what is going on here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drake

Hi Drake,

We sell many of these and they have always worked perfectly. You don't
mention which model you have so here's a little info.

The Iota DLS series has a dual voltage ability by using the supplied
RJ11 plug. Unplugged voltage is 13.6; 14.2 with the plug inserted.

The DLS/IQ4 series will do multistage charging of 14.8 volts bulk, 14.2
volts absorb and 13.6 volts float. If no load is put on the battery it
will automatically return to bulk mode after 7 days in float.

If you have a DLS series you can purchase the IQ4 and plug it in the
RJ11 on top of the converter for 3 stage charging. If you have a really
old model without the RJ11 you can get a hardwired model of the IQ4.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
Yuma, AZ
Renewable Energy Products Powered by STARLIGHT

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org