Equalizing battery charger [RE-wrenches]

Jonathan Hill solarjon at sierrasolar.com
Sun Dec 23 10:40:26 PST 2007

<x-flowed>
Drake-
There is a small set-screw on this charger that will allow you to
increase the voltage. It's not mentioned in the manual, as they don't
want to encourage users to mess with the setting.
Jon Hill

On Dec 23, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Drake Chamberlin wrote:

> Hello Wrenches,
>
> Does anyone know of a battery charger that can equalize 12 volt
> battery banks, other than vy investing in an inverter?
>
> I have an IOTA charger for this purpose.  It begins tapering off at
> around 13.5 volts, and will slowly charge to 14.2.
>
> The company I bought it from claimed it would charge to 14.8 with
> the fast charge plug inserted.  It did when new.  I called Iota, and
> was told that it would not charge above 14.2.  Humm.
>
> Anyone know what is going on here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drake

Jonathan Hill, solar applications engineer

Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Celebrating our 27th year in solar!
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (888) ON-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:solarjon at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>