Hidden Low profile conduit through roof - flashing? [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Fri Dec 7 12:30:36 PST 2007

William,

Here is the text from NEC 2008 690.31:

("E) Direct-Current Photovoltaic Source and Output Circuits Inside a
Building. Where direct-current
photovoltaic source or output circuits of a utility-interactive inverter
from a building-integrated or other
photovoltaic system are run inside a building or structure, they shall
be contained in metal raceways, or
metal enclosures, from the point of penetration of the surface of the
building or structure to the first
readily accessible disconnecting means. The disconnecting means shall
comply with 690.14(A) through
(D)."

It appears that there has been no change in this Article.  There was an
attempt to modify to specifically allow MC cable, but that did not make
it into the new code.

Status Quo for three more years.

I use only EMT and FMC inside the building.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org