Flex ware inverter bypass slide [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Nov 29 16:41:33 PST 2007

So - for you - I guess its because you prefer the "rocker" style AC
bypass we had used on the PS2 - which I actually liked better too - but
its just not possible to do this when you have multiple single pole
breakers to control with the AC bypass mechanism - as in a quad
configuration.

We went to the AC bypass slider plate configuration on all of the
FLEXware systems to make them more consistent to wire up... previously
the wiring on the PS2 was very different than the PS4 wiring...

I also don't understand then why anyone would like the MIDNITE slider
plate - it doesn't even allow you to read any of the ON / OFF labeling
or the amperage markings on the breakers!  Its hole for the handle is
extremely tight and covers up the entire front of the breaker's face.

I also strongly disagree with the use of two separate bypasses for AC L1
and AC L2 when a dual inverter system is installed - this allows you to
bypass one leg of AC while the other is still on the inverter.  This
will fry 240VAC motors and possibly fry common neutral branch circuits -
resulting in a fire hazard.  Its simply not a safe and compliant design.

Any other opinions out there?

Do you think it is OK to not be able to turn off the AC bypass breaker?

Do you think having two separate bypasses when two inverters are stacked
is acceptable?

Tell me what you think - I'll be here all night if needed...

This is gonna get exciting I think...

Christopher

jay peltz wrote:
> I'll chime in here.
>
> The main issue I have with the new design isn't that it turns on/off
its the lack of ease to turn the breakers on.

> Its really hard to see in there.  Sure for us that do it all the t
time its easy.

> For me in comparing it to the one on the PS2 for example, very clear
> to see which breakers were up/down and to put your fingers and move
> the breakers you want to.
>
> Its one of the many reasons that I like the PS vs the flexwear.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com