gas generator recommendations [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Wed Oct 31 12:21:13 PDT 2007

Hi gang. Either I missed it going by, or nobody has pointed out that one of the reasons for having a system owner start their own generator is that they are more likely to do genny maintenance. When I start my genny, I always check the oil first, and make sure that no critters have built nests in the exhaust or among the cooling fins and governing mechanism.

Bummer if a generator starts up and is low on fluids and overheats or spins a bearing. I think some generators have automatic kill switches for low oil pressure, but not all. And even if they have one, what is to prevent the generator from firing up over and over if the oil pressure kill switch activates?

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org