Selecting an inverter/battery system [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Aug 31 09:17:10 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Joel,

The first consideration I have is how long has the comapny been making
the gen. in question and how reliable have they been in long term
operation.
Is there a reliable and competant service organization to support the
product IN THE FIELD.
Good generators are usually heavy and, if you are installing them, you
need to be competant in transporting and scooting around big heavy
things. :-)
By monitoring, do you mean from a distance?
For on-grid backup, you don't have to be as picky, since all these
things do is sit there 99.99% of the time. The main thing is that they
be propane or natural gas fueled.
Grid backup generators generally are supplied with an auto-start and
transfer switch, which is a pain in the derriere on off-grid prime power
sets (not auto start, the Xfer).
Are there places for mice to hide and build their messy little hovels
without being detected until it's too late?

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com