Outback Power AC voltage fluctuation [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Wed Aug 22 08:31:20 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Jay and others,

There is a CAL function on the Mate.  Have you tried that?  I've had to
use it several times.  It's on the last page of the ADV screens.  It
has settings for VAC and battery.  I find its individual steps to be
very coarse (about .4 volts for DC, can't remember for AC) but if
you're far off that might help.

I can't say that it would do anything for the voltage fluctuations.
But, maybe if the two inverters were way out of whack with respect to
each other it might help, when the 2nd is switching in and out, who
knows.

I'm finding the new Apollo T80s not be as accurate as I would like with
regard to batt voltage and current, either.  I don't think that +/- 1%
on battery voltage measurement cuts it when you're trying for tight
coordination between various charging sources.  All of these devices
should have fine-grained calibration adjustments, whether they be pots
or digital adjustments from the operator screen.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com