Outback Power AC voltage fluctuation [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Tue Aug 21 19:51:32 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi All,

I've got a Dual PP VFX 3524 with 3000 amp hr battery new system.
Yep same one that I was called out on.

I've fixed most of the problems but I can't seem to understand or fix
the following.

The AC volts will fluctuate 3-5v with no load change. It'll hold
steady for a bit, minute or two, then in the space of
10 seconds it'll do its 3-5v deal, then back.
Also I've got up to 9v difference between what the Mate says and what
the volts are actual.
( all measurements with Fluke 87)

And when the AC loads go up the voltage numbers can get even more
extreme, and be either higher or lower than what the mate says.

Mostly the customer wouldn't care, but the darn fan in the
refrigerator keeps going up and down, drives him crazy.

Outback Tech support says this is normal, may be but I haven't seen
this on any of the many multi inverter systems I've installed.

Any ideas or experiences?

thanks,
jay

peltz power