Inverter location [RE-wrenches]

Mike Bernhard spaight12 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 10 16:20:07 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

The purpose behind putting source/output circuits in metal conduit in a
building has to do with the conductors being treated as Service Entrance
Conductors.  The SEC rule in WI is 8 ft inside the bldg to the first
disconnecting means.  The metal raceway provision is a way around the SEC
rule.  If you have a fused disconnect outside and have included an equip.
gnd cond in the raceway from the array and are continuing it to the inverter
the conductors are now feeder conductors.  Try this arguement on your AHJ.
Just make sure to quote all appropriate code articles.(Services, Grounding
and PV).
Mike Bernhard