Inverter Output Circuit and DC GEC requirements [RE-wrenches]

Mike Bernhard spaight12 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 16:50:32 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Randy,
The answer to your first question is no.  Wire, including NM sheathed, must
be protected.
Question  Don't think of it as a DC GEC.  It is the GEC for the primary side
of the isolation transformer as well as whatever else you would like to call
it  Separately derived systems in  Art 250.  The GEC can be attached to ANY
building grounding electrode including cold water pipe (within 5 ft of where
it comes into the building), building steel, Ufer, ground rod, plate, etc.
Once again, Art 250, separately derived systems.
Mike Bernhard