Combining SQFlex PV direct with grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bbassett at hei.net
Mon Jun 18 14:46:57 PDT 2007

Kurt,

You can use the Grundfos I/O 101 in the pump circuit and when grid is up
the pv will feed the grid tie inverter and the pump will run on AC. When
the grid it down the I/O 101 will automatically switch the pump to the
pv. The trick is getting the voltages in range for both. The lower range
for the SMA 1100 will work but that is a discontinued model, some around
still. The 700 will work but will limit which modules you can use, and
the 2kW range inverters will make it harder to keep the voltage low
enough.  The max on the SQFlex is 300vDC and you should take into
account the voltage rise at low temps. Also keep in mind that the I/O
101 is only good for 120vAC, not 240.

Thanks,
Brad Bassett
AEE