Gunite on modules [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Fri Jun 15 18:07:28 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I've dealt with concrete plaster on modules before. THe clock is
ticking my friends; the longer it sits the harder it gets. I've
gotten it off with soapy water, rags and scrapers within the first
couple of days.

I saw a 300Kw system practically ruined by idiots overspraying epoxy
paint onto plastic lensed modules. That did not come off with soap
and water.

Ray

On Jun 14, 2007, at 9:34 PM, Jeff Oldham wrote:

> I think the acid that is suggested should be Muriatic not
> Hydrochloric. I've always used Muriatic. I sure would expect some
> frame etching though. I like the soaked rag idea - good one! I
> would try to use a putty knife or razor blade to scrape off as much
> as possible before dropping acid. But the best of all is to get the
> culprits to deal with it!
>
> Good luck,
> -jeff
>

>> From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/