Solmetric or Pathfinder? [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Apr 9 12:31:59 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Hiya Dave,
I'm not too familiar with the Solmetric. I had an opportunity to
check it out recently but it didn't happen. The reason is one HUGE
flaw in the Solmetric machine. The battery was dead. The battery is
built in-can't be changed- has to be charged IN the machine. Wanna go
on a site survey with that? I don't think so.
The Pathfinder program is pretty cool, but PC only. If you use a Mac,
yer out. It also needs a few improvements like the ability to overlay
several pictures, ie, from the E and W side of the proposed array.
Best, Bob-O
On Apr 5, 2007, at 8:55 AM, David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light
wrote:

> I am looking to buy an updated site analysis tool. Have been using a
> Pathfinder since 1990.
>
> I have seen product sheets for the Solmetric Sun Eye (with built in
> fish eye
> lens digital camera and measurement software) and I hear Pathfinder
> has a
> way to transfer data to a computer program.
>
> The Solmetric looks like it has lots of great features. Anyone who
> has used
> it please give me a review of it's actual performance, and your
> likes and
> dislikes. I also see that more features will be available in May.
> Will these
> features be easily added to the present model of Solmetric?
>
> Dave

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php