Hot water at summer camp [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Fri Mar 23 16:56:35 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Acid neutralizer tanks are on p.2937 of the curent Grainger catalog #398.
Limestone [ marble chips] raises the ph. As it does so, it dissolves and
could thus precipitate if conditions are right.The rate at which it
dissolves is a function of the water ph, and the amount of flow. In a hot
copper pipe, or collector, it will form a coating which is both protective
and somewhat inhibiting of conduction.
Here in the flatlands of the SE, central Va. with shallow 50 wells in sandy
soil we have a ph about 5.5. Up in the mountains with limestone formations,
it's less of a problem.