HUP VS Rolls [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Sun Mar 18 09:50:35 PDT 2007

Hi Roy,
That's 16 years or 5840 cycles on the IBE's. This is year 30 for me being
off the corporate grid.
What to do about all those Surrette's out there now? I like to bring up the
PV charge controller's bulk charging to around 28.8 to 29 daily on the 24V
systems (57.6 to 58.0V on the 48V curve). This really works on the old IBE's
and I'm wondering if others are using this sort of value on the Rolls with
good results? Should this go up to 29.2V at 24 nominal (58.4 at 48V)?
I don't want to work the batteries too hard on a daily basis but if this is
what it takes for longevity let's do it.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer TM
USA Distributor of Proven Wind Turbines