HUP VS Rolls [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Mon Mar 12 15:21:35 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Good News on the HUP, as the Rolls 5000s we installed about 1 to 2
years ago are having very disquieting performance. 3 different sets I
have tested all behave as if they are close to "death". They quickly
run to below nominal voltage when loaded, and then when charged at a
c10 to c20 rate, they go to equalize voltages within 5 minutes. If I
had just been called out on an old system and saw numbers like that,
I would be shaking my head and recommending a new set of
batteries.... only I just sold these people new batteries, and talked
them into the "better", more expensive Rolls. The Rolls were easier
to install than the HUPs, but the HUPS, Bulldogs, Exide Industrial,
etc. that I have installed have been very stable, with no problems
what so ever. Some have been in for almost 10 years.
Rolls seem to be a completely different battery, they don't like to
be discharged hard at all. I'm cringing on providing the extended
warranty I promised too. At least they're easier to move.....I hope I
don't have to.

Ray

On Mar 12, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Jeff Oldham wrote:

> We happily discovered a pricing glitch in the computer system and
> thanks to the great folks at NWES it is sorted out and the price is
> now right in line with the "competitors" (if not better in some
> cases). I'm delighted to have HUP's back in my designs and look
> forward to the trouble free life they give me and my clients! HUP =
> Have Unbelieveable Performance!
> -jeff
>

>> From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/
>> Regenerative SOLutions