Locking Connectors [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu Mar 1 16:52:05 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Bob,

That's depressing news.  Standardizing on a particular group of panel
models, and then tooling accordingly isn't really an option anymore.  Are
you going to multiply your number of extension cable product offerings by a
factor of 3 or 4 to cover all the possibilities?

Hope you guys get together and use whatever leverage you have to put a lid
on the madness.  I don't see how a move away from standardization here is
good for anybody in the supply chain (except the guys who make the tools!)

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

At 04:15 PM 3/1/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>Mark,
>
>I'm seeing new modules on the market already, some with Tyco lock
>connecters, some with MC lock connectors, and just recently looked at an
>Asian module with a locking connector that was not identifiable!  Get
>ready for at least 3-4 types of connectors on different modules!
>
>Regards,
>Bob Maynard
>groSolar!

- - - -