AC Connection at Fused Disconnect [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Feb 6 09:51:53 PST 2007

I have finished my communication with John Wiles on this subject.

It appears that the basis of allowing the AHJ to dis-allow the load side tap
to a fused disconnect is the argument that Article 240 feeder taps rules are
superceded by the requirements of 690.64 so the basis for the feeder tap to
the disconnect is undermined.

So no help there, I continue to struggle along with no ability to rely on a
reasonable interpretation of the intent of the Code.  There is no clear
definition of "point of connection" or "distribution equipment" in the Code.
Without this, the AHJ retains the ability to exercise their responsibility
to interpret the Code in any manner that serves their own personal
interests.

Good Luck Solar America.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com