AC Connection at Fused Disconnect [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Feb 5 18:13:18 PST 2007

Allen,

Thanks for sending me the article the other day. I read it carefully.

As I mentioned, John does not specifically address the issue of a LOAD side
connection with a fused disconnect.

I am in the process of communicating with him about this to clarify his
understanding of the issue.

There seems to be some confusion between doing a LOAD side tap (690.64(B))
and doing a SUPPLY side tap where the OCP has to be within the service
equipment itself or adjacent to the service equipment (690.64(A) referencing
230.82(6) leading to 230.91).

My permit went in for review today and I am waiting to hear what the plan
checker says.

MPF