Bidding in the CSI [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Jan 25 10:27:10 PST 2007

CA Wrenches,

Just thought I would report the first incident I have heard of regarding
shading calculations.

I was talking with a buddy who is bidding against a second outfit.  Each is
bidding a different module type but about the same array size.

There is shading on the site.  My buddy came in with one CSI - EPBB "design
factor" and the second group is bidding with a different 'design factor"
that happens to be about 10% less than my buddies.  This lower estimate of
the shading effect is giving the second group an edge on the overall project
cost due to the increased rebate amount.

Hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

MPF

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php