Truck advice and biodiesel mixes [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Jan 22 07:41:54 PST 2007

		Hi Matt,

That is for sure.  There are no easy answers.  We are in an unprecedented

mess at this point, with the climatic change already in progress without any

significant response.  As we know, the consumption curve is still going

sharply up.

Ray,

I'm not poo pooing biofuels, but bringing up some hard facts relating to

their use as an oil substitute as petroleum begins to fade out on the

world market, with China and India just coming on the scene as major

consumers.

Farmers certainly do get the shaft, with food being barely cost effective to grow, even in a good year.  It is like the joke about the farmer who won a million bucks and was asked what he would do with the money.  His answer was "keep farming until the money runs out."

Drake