Truck advice [RE-wrenches]

Wes Kennedy wes at namastesolar.com
Sun Jan 21 11:23:46 PST 2007

Howdy,

We just purchased a second Dodge Sprinter.  These are Mercedes rigs,
labeled as Dodge here in the States.  Great mileage (23-26 mpg,
depending), big inside, a v6  turbo diesel.  We run on B20 typically.
Stand up inside, shelves on one wall, bench seat in back.  Gets tools,
up to 5 guys and 8+kw of PV inside.

Downside?  They aint cheep.  Used ones are becoming available more and
more though...

Wes Kennedy
Namaste Solar Electric
Boulder CO

> Wrenches,
> One of our planned capital expenses for 2007 will be a new(er) truck.
We
> are
> small, with only two trucks, so this will replace the oldest. I'm
writing
> for suggestions.
>
> Both of our current trucks are one-ton conventional Chevys with
utility
> boxes (in place of beds) and overhead racks for conduit. Both have
been
> set
> up in similar arrangements, developed over many years, of wire spool
racks
> and bins and boxes for fittings and small parts. As such, unless
there's
> an
> approach that is so super-outrageously-wonderful that we should start
> over,
> we'll keep the same basic service-body approach so part locations
remain
> familiar.
>
> What would your next truck look like if you had $25,000 to invest?
(This

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages:

List rules & how to change your email address: