Women interests in PV [RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 6 15:02:17 PST 2007

In that same vein, I have found that a number of elderly folks, in a
chronological sense only, are very interested in investing in solar. My
record is a two year old, 3 tracker installation, the owner just turned
90.
And yes, I find lots of interest from women of all ages.

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas

jryago at netscape.com wrote:

> Since I am now way past 55, I am allowed to be a little politically
> incorrect from time to time, and I do not in any way want to offend the
> many excellent female members of this group. However, I have an
> observation I would like to make that frankly, has me puzzled.
>
> I have gone back to check and I would say of all of the systems we have
> installed in the past few years, over 90% of the initial contacts (and
> most follow-up meeting arrangements) were from women, and if married,
> their husbands took a real back seat to any pv system install. In many
> cases, the husbands expressed very little interest at all, while the
> women were extremely interested. In addition, we have installed three(3)
> totally 100% off-grid systems in the past 2 years for single women who
> have built small very energy-efficient homes in rural areas and live
> alone.
>
> I think there is a real marketing and advertising potential out there
> that is not being tapped! Are any of you seeing this trending, or is
> this just another one of those southern belle Virginia things?
>
> Jeff Yago
> Dunimis Technology

> Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -