Women interests in PV [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Thu Jan 4 18:20:11 PST 2007

Since I am now way past 55, I am allowed to be a little politically incorrect from time to time, and I do not in any way want to offend the many excellent female members of this group. However, I have an observation I would like to make that frankly, has me puzzled.

I have gone back to check and I would say of all of the systems we have installed in the past few years, over 90% of the initial contacts (and most follow-up meeting arrangements) were from women, and if married, their husbands took a real back seat to any pv system install. In many cases, the husbands expressed very little interest at all, while the women were extremely interested. In addition, we have installed three(3) totally 100% off-grid systems in the past 2 years for single women who have built small very energy-efficient homes in rural areas and live alone.

I think there is a real marketing and advertising potential out there that is not being tapped! Are any of you seeing this trending, or is this just another one of those southern belle Virginia things?

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -