208 V 2 pole meter [RE-wrenches]

Steve Johnson stevejohnson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 10:39:40 PST 2007

I have installed a SB 400US in a system with a PV production meter.  The
main meter is a 208v, 3 phase CT.  The PV production meter is on the
load side of the main meter.   From the inverter it goes through an AC
disconnect, through a 2 pole feed through meter base, and onto a 2 pole
breaker in the main panel.

The utility meter guy says his 2 pole 240 v single(split) phase meter
won't read the 208v 2 pole output of the Sunny Boy correctly because it
has a 240 volt coil in it.  Says they don't make a 2 pole 208 volt
meter.

Is this right?  What to do?  I guess I could change the meter out to a 3
phase 208v meter base and they could put in a feed through 3 phase
meter, there just wouldn't be any power on the third leg.

Anybody else run into this?

Steve

Steve Johnson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com