AC Hydro and battery support [RE-wrenches]

Blair May tump at hughes.net
Wed Nov 28 17:00:21 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Wrenches & Chris F
I have an installation here in Maine & I would like your input as far
as what I have proposed.Site is a remote trail "HUT" situation
running 2 fridges, commercial kitchen,circulating pumps for radiant
heat & domestic H2o max occupancy of 40 people.
System; quad stack FW1000 3524VFX ,15 EG190s W/ Apollo CC + an AC 5kW
240 v hydro. Inverter 1 = L1 AC source is a 15 kW generator Inv,#2 =
L2 AC is gen,
inverter 3 = L1 AC source Hydro Inv 4 L2 w/AC hydro. I am hoping that
the hydro keeps my battery bank charged as well as  feeding loads, in
the event that my loads are more then the hydro can support then the
#1&2 battery/inverters will add additional current.
Should I have 2 hubs , inverters #1&2 on one & 3&4 on the other?
Load dump is AC contactor w/ 12 VDC coil  off inverter 3, this will
be dumping AC to a hot water heater. The 2nd load dump will be a
baseboard heater, configured off 4th inverter.
I would like to know if this will work, will inverters 3&4 support
additional loads? Suggestions  for setting inverters?
I am also installing a DCFX monitor, will this need an additional
shunt if my PV is the only DC source aside from the inverters DC Charging?
Does the FLX1000 have a 1KAmp shunt installed at the time of shipping?
Did Greg ever finish the AC coupling /battery charging software?

              Tump at hughes.net
               www.SWNL.net
    Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
      Me.# 207-832-7574  Cl.#  610-517-8401

       ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
      NABCEP    "Certified PV Designer & Installer"

       ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
    Trace Xantrex "Certified" Dealer / Installer"

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org