Xantrex SW and windfarm woes [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Mon Nov 5 08:08:49 PST 2007

I've got a pair of 4.01 version Xantrex SW 4048s stacked in a grid-tie
system circa 2001.  Due to nearby windfarms causing power quality problems,
my customer is experiencing fluctuating frequencies beyond the factory
preset high-low frequency window.  The AC voltage may also be an issue as
well.  While it's been quite a while, I seem to remember that it's possible
to get into the programming of this version of the SW in order to widen the
AC voltage and frequency windows.  'Cept I don't remember how to do it and I
don't believe that the 100+ page manual shares such secrets.  I'd appreciate
some assistance from the, cough, cough, greybeards out there who cut their
teeth with these buggers when they were pretty much the only grid-tie
inverters available.  Master Christopher Freitas...I'll bet you know the
answer to this question....

Thanks,

marco

Marco Mangelsdorf, Ph.D., President