Module warranty [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Wongstrom thirstylake at interbel.net
Tue Oct 16 20:04:29 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I would like to share a pleasant warranty response from Kyocera.
With no arm twisting at all, Kyocera replaced an entire ten year old
tracked array after two of the panels went belly up.  Kyocera also
paid for travel and reinstallation.

Unfortunately for those of you that like to use the KC 130 with jbox
they may not be readily available.  According to Backwoods Solar's
fall newsletter:

"On August 28th, Kyocera Solar announced that they had unexpectedly
won a bid for a project in Brazil. This project requires Kyocera to
allocate every single KC130 module they will produce through the end
of 2007 to that project. BRILLANT….not!! At this time, we’re unable
to place orders for the Kyocera 130. "

Jeff Wongstrom
NABCEP Certified Solar Installer
Thirsty Lake Solar