4' Setbacks in L.A. [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Leininger blspam at sonic.net
Fri Aug 10 16:40:32 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

This one goes out to all you wrenches that have worked in LA:

We just took a closer look at the Fire Department requirements for solar
projects in L.A. - the ones that say that there has to be a 4' margin
around the panels.  If this requirement is set in stone it will probably
mean that a solar affordable housing project isn't going to happen.

Has anybody had any luck getting a waiver on any of the fire depmt
requirements on a case-by-case basis?  Any suggestions about who to talk
to about this?  Any idea how to reach a live person at the Fire
Department (Building Standards Unit.)?

Thanks.

Bruce Leininger

Construction Manager

GRID Alternatives

995 Market Street, Suite 801

San Francisco, CA 94103

C: 415-571-1764

F: 415.520.2120

/www.gridalternatives.org/

/GRID Alternatives' mission is to empower communities in need to meet
their basic requirements of health, education, and economic opportunity
by providing renewable energy and energy efficiency services, equipment,
and training.  GRID Alternatives works collaboratively with communities
and local organizations to identify specific needs and to develop
renewable energy solutions that are environmentally, socially, and
economically sustainable. We believe that environmental stewardship,
women's rights,and humanitarian protection are integral to these
sustainable solutions./

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com