Heads-Up on Pole-Top racks [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Jul 12 20:36:30 PDT 2007

Wrenches,
Some of you may not be aware that UniRac has currently stopped producing
their larger pole-top racks. My understanding is limited (I haven't directly
asked UniRac) but I understand that the welded extruded aluminum hub hasn't
worked out, and there have been some failures. We have experienced some
problems with this hub ourselves.

I went to their site and looked for some sort of press release or technical
bulletin but was surprised to find nothing. I first learned of this 6-8
weeks ago when I placed a couple of rack orders for offgrid systems. At that
time I was told to expect an announcement or recall or warranty support or
something of that nature, but nothing has crossed my desk since.

Direct Power is now running lead times of about seven weeks on rack orders,
in large part because of trying to pick up the slack of orders switched from
UniRac.

I don't know much more. Direct Power can post here,  so maybe Steve or
Daniel can fill us in. I'm not sure if UniRac has anyone on the list any
more, since their ownership and management changes.

Allan at Positive Energy

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com