inverter data transfer[RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Wed Jun 13 17:37:26 PDT 2007

We are designing a mid-sized grid-tied system for a University building under construction which will have several separate inverters.  They are adding a large flat screen monitor system (by others) that will display school event schedules and other information in the lobby and want to include a "window" that shows real time data for the pv system.  We have tied several Fronius inverters together in the past which have an optional data card and connected to a desktop computer which worked well, but you still needed an operator to download and graph the data.   I wanted to see if anyone out there has anything newer and easier, that does not require any computer operator to update or graph the data.

To reduce wire runs, I was thinking of some type of "black box" small computer without a screen or keyboard that we could mount next to the inverters located in the mechanical penthouse and let the computer be a node on their local area network which also allow access by others in the science classrooms.   I have seen these before but thought maybe somebody has finally put a complete data package together and I won't need to get out the soldering iron and data converters.

Thanks,

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com