Unisolar standing seam roofs [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Jun 10 18:45:36 PDT 2007

Jeff,
Are you the professional system designer, or is he? Are you charging him for
your knowledge and experience? You should be, friend. I would tell him "I
appreciate your interest in this product, but it isn't appropriate for your
application. You have insufficient roof space and your roof is of the wrong
material. You hired me to guide you to a well-integrated, long-lasting,
highly functional solution to your specific situation and needs. Just as you
respected my advice about the XXX (you fill in the blank: battery type,
array size, inverter, etc.) you need to respect my advice here as well,
because I know what I'm doing and I have your best interests in mind. Now
may we continue on the path we were heading?"

We charge for design work in nearly all cases. Grid-tie, it's fully credited
if you buy the system; off-grid, one-half of design work (on-site or
in-shop) is credited. It helps us as a lead qualifying tool, and helps us
avoid getting burned in situations such as this one.

Good luck.
Allan @+E