[RE Marketing] CitizenRE [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Fri Feb 23 09:11:43 PST 2007

Joel,

I address three points:

1) I install in CA which has a declining rebate program. I point out that
prices may fall in the future, but rebates will also fall.

2) There is alot of effort to produce cheaper solar modules, but nothing has
been brought to market and I don't see anything new in the next 2-5 years.

3) Even when the cheaper products come to market, I wouldn't sell it until
it has been in service on roofs for several years.  Current silion wafers
under glass have been in service in real world applications for 25 year and
are proven.

MPF

Wrenches (aka PV breadwinners),

News stories about PV price breakthroughs and PV costing the same (or less)
per kWh than utility electricity give non-buyers another excuse not to buy a
PV system and cause potential customers to hesitate. I'm interested to know
what system sellers are telling prospective customers to convince they they
are justified in buying from now. How do you respond to objections that "PV
will be cheaper in the future so why buy now"? What percentage of your
prospects use this objection and what percentage do you convince otherwise
within 3 months and close the sale?

Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php