Code compliant signage [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Thu Jan 4 21:34:02 PST 2007

Greetings all,

If I've missed a string of messages on this topic it is simply because
it has generally been off my 'radar' (apologies).  I do mostly off-grid
installs and this is my first of four grid-ties that I've done that will
actually be inspected under our new uniform dwelling code.  My
current/previous method of "signage" has been pretty clear and complete
work with a big Sharpie marker.

Can anyone recommend a company that makes custom signs that meet Article
690 requirements?  Otherwise what methods that you use to meet the code
with signage produced in-house?

The system in question has a pedestal base about 50 feet west of the
house and the PV disconnect is on the east end of the house.  I believe
the Wisconsin interconnection/co-generation agreement requires a sign at
the pedestal base indicating the location of the disconnect as being on
the east side of the building (custom).

Thanks in advance -- Kurt

Kurt Nelson
PO Box 309