Outback with Sunnyboy [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu Dec 7 10:15:43 PST 2006

I second Todd's question.  If you can, in effect, charge the Outback's battery
bank by backfeeding its AC Output, this would seem to be a very interesting
"undocumented feature" of the Outbacks, about which many of us understand very
little.

Does this behavior only apply to the GFX inverters, and not the FX/VFX non-grid
interactive models?

Even though this configuration apparently works OK, is this really a
UL-compliant way of using the product?

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT