Moderator input [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Thu Nov 30 08:34:00 PST 2006

Hi Bob. Thanks for mentioning this. Since we do have a fair number of new folks on the list, I figured I'd answer this publicly, rather than off-list like I normally would.

Your answer is great and helpful, which is what this list is all about.

But it is also helpful to quote a little bit of the message you are replying to just to keep the context going in any given thread of messages.

Also, note at the bottom of the Topica message received:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed].

This means that either you sent html-based text, or you included an attachment. This is what the Topica list server adds sometimes. It is best to send plain text to the list, but if one of you does not, the server tries to figure out what the text was and includes that in the message. Sometimes, rarely it seems, the Topica servers will have a hard time figuring out what the text is, and may leave some of the message out.

Finally, thanks to all of you that updated your biography pages. There are still quite a few Wrenches that have not done so. Please either log-in and update, or kindly let me know that you do not wish to. Thanks in advance.

Bob Clark wrote at 10:23 PM 11/29/2006:

>First, my apologies to the list serve if I am replying to this e-mail incorrectly.

------------------------

Michael Welch
Submissions Coordinator
Sr. Research Editor