Battery Fuel Gauge [RE-wrenches]

Daryl DeJoy penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Wed Nov 8 14:21:12 PST 2006

We have had one installed for about a month now in my home system and I am
cautiously optimistic. the SOC monitor seems to be very accurate, more so
than my TriMet, but since Ralph (from Bogart Engineering) is sharing
technologies with Apollo, it is possible that over a year or so this might
change. I'm hoping the "smart shunt" (sorry OutBack guys, just my nickname
for it right now) will prevent that. It is important to note a couple of
things;
1) It is very easy to use the existing 500A Deltec shunt in your system.
You can just undo the two screws on the side of the smart shunt and remove
the board from it. You simply undo the two screws on the existing shunt
(say, the pre-installed one in a PS2)and re-install the board onto that
shunt, making sure polarity is correct.
2) Make sure you attach the two sensor wires from the shunt board TO THE
BATTERIES. Don't try to attach it in the DC disconnect. We seem to get
more accurate readings with it connected as close to the battery as
possible, preferably on it.That is the recommendation from Apollo, anyway.
  I do like that a temperature sensor is standard equipment. It should be.
I, too, look forward to more wrench input as this controller is used more.
Daryl
Penobscot Solar Design
NABCEP Certified installer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com