Battery Fuel Gauge [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Nov 6 09:10:30 PST 2006

<x-flowed>

Hiya Wrenches,
I've been beta (well, started with Alpha.2-yikes!) testing the Apollo
T80 for many months now. As Ezra said, the SOC algorithms are a work
in progress although there is a new firmware rev that I'm soon to
download which may allay my reservations about that. Having the
ability to upgrade the firmware from the web is very cool. Takes a PC
portable which is a PITA for us Mac freaks, but wadda ya gonna do...
Hopefully, Apollo is past the major revisions-seems like, but once
the machine gets out there in lots of different systems and
situations, there are bound to be tweaks. Haven't seen a product yet
that didn't.
At this point Apollo has the MPPT controller part of the unit working
very well. It's harvest is as good as and sometime a bit better than
the MX-which I love. I'm really looking forward to the wireless
remote when it becomes available. IF they get the SOC part sorted out
-and there's no reason to expect they won't- that'll save running
twisted pairs from the batteries to wherever. That's always worth
something and sometimes a lot.
Winter is coming. Time for all us northern RE bozos to take a little
time off and enjoy life a little, eh?
cheers, Bob-O

On Nov 2, 2006, at 7:25 AM, Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> A point of interest to all might be the new Apollo T80 www.apollo-
> solar.net). They have incorporated a SOC meter into their
> controller. I've been using one and although the SOC firmware is
> still a "work in progress" it shows some promise. (I don't work for
> them).
>
> Ezra

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com