690-64 (B)(2) [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 28 16:07:38 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi William,

Yes I understand that - just giving him more options for the toolbox.

Best,

Jeff C.

>Steve:
>
>Jeff may have missed the point that if you attach to the busbars on
>the supply side of the main, the rating of the busbars does not
>matter.  In 690.64, busbar rating applies only if you choose option
>B.  If you choose option A rating is not a consideration.
>

>William
>

>At 10:03 AM 10/28/2006, you wrote:
>
>>Hi Steve,
>>
>>Yes, check with the service entrance panel engineers - they can
>>sometimes write a letter rating the bus bar a bit higher than the
>>panel rating and they can guide you on how to tap into the bus
>>itself like William says.  You can also explore changing out the
>>bus bars for ones of higher rating that will fit in the same panel.
>>
>>Hope that helps!
>>
>>Jeff C.
>>Village Power Design
>>

>>>Steve:
>>>
>>>Are there any extra holes in the buss bars at the main?  We have
>>>bolted on to the buss bars successfully before.
>>>
>>>William Miller

>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com
NABCEP (tm) Certified Solar PV Installer

530-470-9166
877-SOLARVillage
877-765-2784
65 Schoolhouse Rd