Wind turbine permitting / UL listing question [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Oct 20 11:08:33 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hey there DanBob,

As of yet, UL is not required on the actual wind turbine in a grid-tied
system, as long as the balance of system components are listed by UL or
another accepted certifying body, but chances are that this will change
in the future. SWWP's SkyStream being UL certified will allow them to be
used in grid-connected applications in Canada, where many regional
restrictions are being applied to non UL equipment, but also ups' the
ante for other market players.

The cost of UL certification is enormous and requires a long time, often
putting the prospect out of reach for most small companies, let alone
the home-brewer.

Matt Tritt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php