Wind turbine permitting / UL listing question [RE-wrenches]

danbob at otherpower.com danbob at otherpower.com
Thu Oct 19 20:56:24 PDT 2006

Hi all. I'm new to the group, though looking through the members list it
looks like I've met a few of you in person.

I'm co-authoring a book on homebrew wind turbines -- and want to be sure
to get something right. How many problems do all y'all run into with
building inspectors rejecting non-UL-listed turbines? Obviously our
homebrew models are non UL listed, but it seems like very few commercial
turbines are listed either. And there are homebrew turbines out there
that are legally installed and permitted for grid-tie.

Any comments about UL listing issues, or on permitting grid-tied
homebrew (or antique) turbines would be appreciated.

DAN
http://www.otherpower.com/

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com