Utility requiring stamped one-line? [RE-wrenches]

Conrad Geyser conradg at cape.com
Thu Oct 19 17:59:50 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Wow, never thought I'd hear such anarchy on this listserve.
Our permitting expenses can be as much as 20% of the overall cost on SDHW
systems here in Massachusetts.
Every single town has their own permitting protocol and every inspector his
own idiosyncrasies.
With most towns, we have to make two in person appearances at the building
department to get a permit.  Then our plumber or electrician has to make an
appearance.  The man hours and fuel wasted is sickening and the time is
always taken from the most important people on the job.  As a result, it is
more difficult to maintain quality control. The process is counter
productive to what we are trying to do.
I have great reservations about the "age of regulation" as someone coined
it....
Conrad
Cotuit Solar