Utility requiring stamped one-line? [RE-wrenches]

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 19:46:45 PDT 2006

William:

AMEN Brother...
I spent three point five hours this  morning just submitting an application
for plan check, and on the way had to  park my butt at 'zoning' - a new
requirement - for nearly an hour.  An hour  for zone check?  I could have just gone
along with the program but I kept  demanding that the clerk show me where in
the city (Long Beach) are we not zoned  for solar?  And, why is it necessary to
explore this issue on a roof  mounted system?    Zone check is absurd and I
would encourage  everybody else to fight this one before it becomes fait
accompli.

When  we started GT systems back in 2000 the fee was $150 for a simple
electrical  permit in my hometown. Now it's over $500 and the whole process requires
more  man hours than it takes to install a simple residential system. The
trend is up  at other cities in my area and this utility stamp requirement is not
just  another speed bump.  For smaller residential systems it amounts to
highway  robbery AND blackmail.

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO
(888) or (562)  595-9570
www.amecosolar.com

In a message dated 10/18/2006 5:24:09  P.M. Pacific Standard Time,