small air compressors [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Wed Oct 18 09:12:30 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

--On Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:24 AM -0700 "Jay Peltz, Peltz Power" <jay at asis.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to buy a smaller air compressor to use on my home system  of a Outback 3524.
> Uses will be tire filling, nail guns, painting etc.

How long do you want it to last?  Oil-filled compressors last longer and are generally quieter, though small ones are not as easy to find these days.  I have a Porter-Cable C3551 that has taken a lot of abuse and keeps working, has wheels but weighs a bit much for regular hauling up & down stairs.  Makita makes a 1720 RPM unit (the MAC2400) which is quieter, though still 77 lbs.  Last night I saw a $149 oil-filled unit at Costco branded "Cooper Tools" but it sure looked like the usual Chinese
stuff.  Higher than usual quality Chinese stuff, though.

If you're serious about painting, look into an HVLP system.

.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php